Objectives for housing and construction
The overall goal for community planning, the housing market, construction and land surveying is to provide all people in all parts of Sweden with a socially sound living environment that promotes the sustainable management of natural resources and energy and that facilitates housing construction and economic development.
The goal of housing policy is long-term effective housing markets offering a range of dwellings that satisfies consumer demand and needs.
The goal for construction is:
- Long-term sustainable structures.
- Effective regulations and other policy instruments that adopt a life-cycle perspective to promote efficient resource and energy use and a good indoor environment.
- Effective competition in the construction and property sector.
The goal for land surveying is:
- Efficient and legally secure cadastral procedures and the appropriate division of real property.
- The information supplied is to be of a high standard, have nationwide coverage and be long-term, stable and reliable. Use of the basic information is to increase, benefiting a greater number of users and having a wider range of applications.
- Efficient and legally secure registration transactions that contribute to an effective real property market.
The goal for community planning is:
- An explicit role for physical planning in the work towards sustainable development in urban and rural areas.
- Regulations and other policy instruments that best meet efficiency requirements, while guaranteeing legal security and citizen influence.
- Good conditions for the construction of dwellings and business premises, the establishment of companies and for other community development, while securing a sound living environment.