Embassies and consulates
Sweden has 104 missions abroad, including embassies, representations, delegations and consulates. Together with the approximately 400 honorary consulates, they make up the Foreign Service.
Help to Swedes abroad and other support functions within the MFA
Swedish embassies and consulates can provide help to Swedish citizens who have run into difficulties abroad. Should a major emergency occur abroad, a permanent consular stand-by team and a rapid response team are available which can strengthen the preparedness of the MFA and missions abroad.
Growing cross-border mobility has meant an increase in the number of custody disputes with an international dimension. In certain cases, it can even go as far as the child being removed or retained in a country because the parents cannot come to an agreement.
News about embassies, consulates and travelling
- Statement on the tenth anniversary of the detention of Swedish journalist Dawit Isaak in Eritrea
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs travel information - now also as smartphone app
- Minister for Foreign Affairs Carl Bildt deplores death in Côte d'Ivoire
- A world-class foreign service
- Déplacement et rétention illicite d'enfant