18.3.1 Medical care insurances

Diplomatic staff are not covered by the subsidized health care system, not even if the person in question has a Swedish personal identity number.

Some insurance companies offer medical care insurance to non-residents, including Skandia and If.

To be eligible for health care insurance, the client has to complete a health declaration or a full medical examination. The insurance company has an agreement with a medical company that will perform the medical examination.