19.6 Privileges and immunities
Privileges and immunities for honorary consular officers who are Swedish citizens or residing in Sweden (all honorary consular officers in Sweden)
- Privileges and immunities for honorary consular officers who are Swedish citizens or residing in Sweden are very limited.
- Honorary consular officers shall enjoy immunity from jurisdiction with respect to official acts performed in the exercise of their functions.
- Honorary consular officers are under no obligation to give evidence concerning matters connected with the exercise of their functions or to produce official correspondence and documents relating thereto. They are also entitled to decline to give evidence as expert witnesses with regard to the law of the sending State.
- There are no privileges regarding duty free import and customs reliefs.
- Honorary consular officers shall be exempt from all dues and taxes on the remuneration and emoluments which he or she receives from the sending State with respect to the exercise of consular functions. No other tax privileges apply.
- Members of the family of an honorary consular officer or a consular employee employed at a consular post headed by an honorary consular officer do not enjoy privileges or immunities.
Blue diplomatic plates are not issued to vehicles of honorary consular officers.
Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Visiting address Gustav Adolfs torg 1
Address 103 39 STOCKHOLM
email to Protocol Department