CV Roger Mörtvik
State Secretary to Minister for Employment.
Area of responsibility
Labour market issues
Roger Mörtvik was born in 1960. He lives in Stockholm and is married
with three children.
1997–1999 and 2012–2014
Doctoral studies in Sociology, Umeå University
Bachelor of Arts in Human Resource Development and Management, Umeå University
Social Science Programme at Hjalmar Lundbohmsskolan, Upper Secondary School, Kiruna
Positions and assignments
State Secretary, Ministry of Employment
State Secretary, Ministry of Health and Social Affairs
State Secretary, Ministry of Education and Research
Government Inquiry Chair for municipal adult education (Komvux)
Policy Director, Swedish Confederation of Professional Employees
Political Advisor, Ministry of Employment
Programme secretary (part-time) for research and development programme for learning organisations, Work Environment Fund
Social policy analyst, Swedish Confederation of Professional Employees
August 2018-January 2019
Board member, Swedish Foundation for International Cooperation in Research and Higher Education (STINT)
August 2018-January 2019
Chair of Asset Management Committee, STINT
Convener of Nomination Committee for the Board of Stockholm University of the Arts
Convener of Nomination Committee for the Board of Södertorn University
Deputy Chair of the Swedish Inheritance Fund Commission
Board member, KPA Pensionsförsäkring AB
Board member, Fourth AP Fund
Member of Nominations Committee, Folksam Liv and Folksam Sak
Representative in plenary committee for the Trade Union Advisory Committee to the OECD
Board member, National Public Transport Agency
Board member, National Institute for Working Life
Board member, Stockholm Institute of Education
Member, committee on research information, Council for Planning and Coordination of Research
Member, Rosén Award committee for achievements in popular science, Council for Planning and Coordination of Research
Author of various articles, anthology contributions and books on economics, work and welfare. A few examples:
- Final report of the inquiry into municipal adult education, En andra
och en annan chans – ett Komvux i tiden (A different, second chance – adult education with the times), SOU 2018:71.
- Fredrik W. Andersson, Susanne Gullberg Brännström, Roger Mörtvik,(2018) ”Long-term scarring effect of neither working nor studying”, International Journal of Manpower, Vol. 39 Issue: 2, pp.190-204, https://doi.org/10.1108/IJM-12-2015-0226.
- “Unga utanför - om orsaker till långvarigt utanförskap” (Young and
excluded – the causes of long-term social exclusion), in the anthology Den långa vägen till arbetsmarknaden (The long road to the labour market) (ed. Jonas Olofsson), Studentlitteratur, 2014.
- Turboekonomin: Den globala kampen om jobb och välfärd (The turbo economy: the global struggle for jobs and welfare), Premiss förlag 2006.
- “Does gender equality spur growth?”, article in OECD Observer No
250, July 2005.
- Danvind E-M and Mörtvik R, Learn for Your Life – A Doctrine of
Change for Unions, Business and Administration, Confederation of
Professional Employees, Stockholm, 1996.