Ylva Johansson is no longer a government minister, Minister for Employment
This content was published in the period between
Minister for Employment Ylva Johansson visits Canada
On 9–12 June, Minister for Employment Ylva Johansson will visit Canada. The purpose of the visit is to exchange knowledge and experience on efforts concerning the establishment of new arrivals.
Ms Johansson will make a number of study visits in Ottawa, Toronto and Winnipeg for closer examination of and to gain knowledge from Canadian establishment policy, which is often cited as being successful in international comparisons.
Below are some of the Minister’s programme points during the visit. For inquiries regarding interviews and more detailed information, please contact Press Secretary Natali Sial.
Tuesday 9 June - Ottawa
- Ministry for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (with representatives also from Employment and Social Development Canada).
- Meeting with Chris Alexander, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration.
- Jinny Sims, Official Opposition Critic (New Democratic Party) on Employment and Social Development.
- Ottawa Community Immigrant Services Organisation (OCISO).
Wednesday 10 June - Toronto
- Ryerson Maytree Diversity Exchange, Ryerson University.
- Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade of Ontario with participation from Ministry of University, Colleges and Training.
Thursday 11 June - Toronto
- COSTI Immigrants Services.
- Regent Park – Presentation of the concept Community Benefit Agreements.
- Welcome Centre – Markham South. The welcome centre offers one-stop services for immigrants, with a number of organisations working together.
- Markham Convergence Centre (a kind of incubator for immigrants).
Friday 12 June - Winnipeg
- Lunch at the Winnipeg Scandinavian Centre.
- USA-Sweden, Investors Group Field. Supporting the Swedish national team in the World Cup in Winnipeg.