Archive: Anders Ygeman, Minister for Home Affairs
A comprehensive approach to combat racism and hate crime
National plan to combat racism, similar forms of hostility and hate crime
The overarching objective of this plan is strategic, effective and coherent work to combat racism, similar forms of hostility and hate crime in Sweden.
The plan is to form a basis and a focus for work to combat racism and hate crime in the particularly important strategic areas identified by the Government:
- More knowledge, education and research
- Improved coordination and monitoring
- Civil society: greater support and more in-depth dialogue
- Strengthening preventive measures online and
- A more active legal system.
The plan sets out a structure for coordination and follow-up which lays the groundwork for long-term strategic work.