International Judicial Cooperation
Tasks undertaken by the Ministry of Justice in connection with international judicial cooperation include reception, scrutiny and forwarding of requests to and from Sweden in matters concerning:
- international legal assistance in criminal matters,
- extradition for criminal offences,
- transfer of enforcement of sentence,
- transfer of criminal proceedings,
- service of documents,
- judicial cooperation in civil and commercial matters, and
- applications for legal aid.
This function is designated the Central Authority. The Central Authority also provides information about the contents of Swedish and foreign law.
On this site the Ministry of Justice provides general information about international judicial cooperation. We do our best to keep the information timely and accurate but we accept no responsibility or liability with regard to the information.
The detailed information is primarily addressed to public authorities.
To contact the Central Authority
Address: Ministry of Justice
Division for Criminal Cases and International Judicial Co-operation
SE-103 33 STOCKHOLM
Tel: 0046-8-405 10 00 (switchboard), 0046-8-405 45 00 (office)
Fax: 0046-8-405 46 76
Email: birs @ gov.se