Isabella Lövin is no longer a government minister, Minister for Environment and Climate, and Deputy Prime Minister
Minister for International Development Cooperation and Climate, and Deputy Prime Minister
Minister for International Development Cooperation
This content was published in the period between
Strategy for Sweden’s development cooperation with Sudan 2018–2022 Reference No.: UD2017/20463/AF
Within the framework of this strategy, Sweden’s development cooperation with Sudan is to contribute to sustainable peace, improved conditions for good public service delivery, and strengthened resilience. The strategy will apply in the period 2018–2022 and provide a total of SEK 1 200 million.
Activities will contribute to the following objectives:
- More inclusive peace processes, with greater participation of women and young people.
- Improved conditions for peaceful and inclusive societies at the local level.
Human rights, democracy and the rule of law
- Improved rule of law, increased transparency, and strengthened conditions for accountability.
- Improved conditions for women's and girls' enjoyment of human rights, and for the rights of the child.
Environment, climate, agriculture and energy
- Increased and more sustainable agricultural productivity, and improved food security.
- More sustainable water resource management, and increased access to water and sanitation.
- Increased production of, and access to, renewable energy.