Skip to content

Adult education

Adult education is offered largely through municipal adult education and higher vocational education. Municipal adult education provides courses at basic and upper secondary level, courses in Swedish for immigrants (SFI) and municipal adult education for adults with learning disabilities (previously called Särvux). Higher vocational education includes post-secondary vocational education and training, which meets the needs of working life and is conducted in close cooperation with working life. Many adults also study in higher education and liberal adult education.

Responsible for adult education

Responsible minister

Mats Persson
Mats Persson Minister for Education

Responsible ministry

News about adult education

  • News feeds and publications

    The following list contains news items and published documents, such as press releases, government bills or proposals referred to the Council on Legislation for consideration. It is pre-filtered to display content tagged with the relevant area. The list can be further filtered to help you find what you are interested in.