Strategic partnership between Sweden and Brazil – how the action plan is being updated
Brazil and Sweden entered into a strategic partnership in 2009. The partnership is accompanied by an action plan which is being updated in connection with President Dilma Rousseff’s visit to Sweden.
1. Social insurance – negotiations on an agreement will be opened.
2. Research and higher education – a cooperation agreement will be concluded.
3. Environment and climate – a joint action plan will be drafted.
4. Swedish-Brazilian business council – first high-level meeting of the council.
5. Trade and economic issues – the bilateral joint commission has been reactivated.
6. Aviation and aeronautical research – a highlevel group will be established.
7. Security and defence policy – a dialogue mechanism will be set up.
8. Sustainable mining – negotiations on a cooperation agreement will be opened.