Skip to content

3.4.1 Work permits for other relatives

Other family members (adult sons/daughters, parents, grandchildren, etc.) who wish to work in Sweden may apply for a work permit at a Swedish embassy abroad when they have received a firm offer of a job. The Swedish Migration Agency is the authority responsible for handling these applications. The work permit must be received before departing for Sweden.

More information about how to apply for a residence permit to work in Sweden: The Swedish Migration Agency


Protocol Department
Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Visiting address Gustav Adolfs torg 1
Address 103 39 STOCKHOLM
email to Protocol Department