Skip to content

17.6 University education

Swedish universities throughout the country offer a wide range of courses and study programmes in English, to which non-Swedish residents may also apply.

University education is free of charge for students who are EU/EEA citizens. University education for all other students is generally provided at cost price. However, the student may apply for a scholarship that covers the whole, or a part of, the cost.

For general information on admission to university education in Sweden and tuition fees:

University Admissions

For general information on scholarships for Swedish university education:

Study in Sweden


Protocol Department
Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Visiting address Gustav Adolfs torg 1
Address 103 39 STOCKHOLM
email to Protocol Department